Friday, November 5, 2010

Amazing Spider-Man, Not-So-Amazing Price

So, as you may have heard, Marvel Comics decided to move Amazing Spider-Man's thrice monthly printing to a bi-monthly printing.  I'm assuming it was because of reader dissatisfaction with multiple writers and having to pay $2.99 and sometimes $3.99 three times a month for below average stories and art.  I know I've considered dropping it because it's too costly for too little in return.  So I was excited to learn that ASM was moving to a bi-monthly schedule.  Still not as great as once per month, but acceptable if the quality increases.  

I picked up Amazing Spider-Man #647 yesterday.  $4.99.  Yes, you heard me.  Four dollars and ninety-nine freakin' cents.  It's not a "special" issue or a landmark issue like #650 will be.  Now Marvel is going to try to recoup its thrice monthly sales by charging more for the two issues per month it publishes?  

How amazing is that?  NOT so amazing.  I'm outta here.

No comments: