Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The "New" Supergirl

I'm just now reading the "new" Supergirl comic by DC Comics and catching up with the past 30+ issues. The first few were exceptionally written by Jeph Loeb, but I was still trying to figure out what happened to the Supergirl that I used to know and love (before she was killed in Crisis on Infinite Earths oh-so-many years ago) but who received little credit. Thankfully, Jeph was helping me get there. I was getting into the groove and then DC did their "One Year Later" storyline across all their comics and Supergirl's storyline went haywire. It became some weird sci-fi storyline with armageddon-like themes. WTF? Thankfully, now that I've caught up to Supergirl's 30s issues, good storylines that include a dying boy and New Krypton -- stories that actually make sense and exhibit true writing ability -- are coming back into play. Thanks for not totally f***ing up our "Girl."

No comments: