Friday, October 28, 2016

Josie and the Pussyvampires

I previously wrote about my dislike for the new Afterlife with Archie series when it first debuted.  After reading a couple of issues, I dropped it.

I picked up the standalone issue of Afterlife with Archie #10 because it featured a spooky rendition of Josie and the Pussycats, and I have a lifelong affinity for them that stems from my childhood when I watched their fabulous short-lived cartoon series.  I have to admit that I. FREAKING. LOVED. IT.

The premise is that Josie and the Pussycats are vampires who have been hit musical successes (in their own way) in every decade, but then they fade into obscurity before reinventing themselves the next decade.  This fascinated me, and I loved the issue.  My only disappointment is that this was a one-off issue, and I don't think there are plans to incorporate them into the regular series' storyline.

I'm still not reading Afterlife with Archie every month, but if they ever bring back Josie and the Pussycats (or give them their own series that could take place in any decade), I definitely will.

No comments: