Friday, November 4, 2011

Catman Scratches His Way Into Target

When I visit Target, I usually wander down the toy aisles, checking out the new superhero action figures.  I don't purchase any of them (anymore), but I like to look at them and keep abreast (wink wink nod nod -- that's for all you straight comic book geeks) of what figures are being produced and how good they look.  My heart skipped a beat this past week when I stumbled upon a Catman action figure.  As you know, he's this blog's namesake.

I never liked Catman much as a kid.  He was always portrayed in the Batman comics as a big doofus.  Then in 2005, Gail Simone used him in the Villains United mini-series, which eventually paved the path for the Secret Six series.  She took a lame and relatively unknown Batman villain and turned him into a sexy villain with a heart.  I liked him so much that I used him as the basis for this blog.  Although he has yet to appear in DC's New 52, Catman's name still graces the top of this webpage. 

So...back to Target.  I picked up the Catman action figure off the shelf and began to examine it.  It was beautiful.  Unfortunately, I couldn't justify spending $15 for something that would probably just sit in a box at home.  If I made money off this blog and/or had an office for my creative work, I would pull out all the stops and have Catman paraphernalia proudly displayed.  However, this isn't a perfect world, and that isn't the case.  I can just hope that someone gives that Catman action figure a good home. 

No comments: