Thursday, October 6, 2011

iVampire

Even though I think the entertainment world is oversaturated with vampires right now, I decided to pick up DC Comics' new I, Vampire series, despite its grammatically awkward title.  Or maybe because of it.  I never read the original in the 1980s, but I remember hearing about it/seeing it in comic book stores. 

Due to vampires' popularity right now, I'm sure that was why DC decided to revisit this old title.  I was intrigued by how DC would incorporate vampires into the DCU, and I hoped it would be more successful than Marvel's attempt last year with their "Curse of the Mutants" storyline.  

After reading the first issue of I, Vampire, I can clearly say that I have no fucking clue what happened.  Maybe it sounds "racist," but I have no idea who is who in the vampire world; they all look alike to me.  I won't give up on the title just yet, though.  I'll read the series for a couple more issues to see if I get into more. 


3 comments:

Lebeau2501 said...

Well, I am a vampire racist, and I think they're just a drain on the economy. Taking all our jobs and blood. We should build a wall between the US and Transylvania.
Simon Belmont 2012

Rob said...

I couldn't get into the book. The two female characters looked too similar for me to tell them apart and I didn't have the energy to re-read the comic. So this one has fallen off my Pull List!

Catman Scratches said...

@Rob--just read issue #2 of "I, Vampire" to still give it a try. Like you, have no clue who is who or even why. I'll be dropping this one. Too bad I've already ordered through issue #5 online. Well, there's always a sucker on eBay. :)