Monday, April 4, 2011

Teen Titans: Back on Top

Teen Titans #93
I just finished Teen Titans #93, and I have to say that I'm very pleased that my favorite comic series is back on track, thanks to fantastic writing by J.T. Krul and beautiful art by Nicola Scott.  Geoff Johns' Teen Titans is what got me back into reading comics after a 15-year absence (and The New Teen Titans was my favorite comic in the 1980s), so I have a special affinity for the team. 

I love the introduction of Solstice to the team.  She's a welcome addition; I think she has a lot of potential, and she brings a bit of diversity to the team.  I hope she sticks around and doesn't go the route of Terra.

Superboy,
art by Nicola Scott
J.T. Krul has a great handle on the schematics between and personality traits of each team member (unlike some writers whose name I won't mention again).  The dialogue is fitting and the stories move along quickly.  Nicola Scott draws each of the Teen Titans beautifully.  Superboy never looked more handsome with his dark hair and baby blues.  I can't help but look at the cover, though, and think that Solstice eerily resembles Mary Kate and/or Ashley Olsen.  Speaking of the cover, where was Red Robin?  Was he late for the photo shoot?   

Kudos to everyone on this issue.  I'm looking forward to reading The Teen Titans up through their milestone 100th issue and beyond!

No comments: