Thursday, February 17, 2011

Axing the Age of X

I just finished reading Marvel Comics' Age of X: Alpha one-shot that leads into the "next big event" for Marvel Comics' mutants and all I have to say is, "Huh?"  It's like another Ultimates or M2 title where Marvel Comics characters are the same or similar but living different lives in a parallel universe.  They're in some war-torn, end of the world-like existence.  I was so unimpressed, bored, and confused that I can't even pull together the words to express how unimpressed, bored, and confused I was.  Perhaps Marvel Comics says it best:

"Our goal with the six monthly chapters of Age of X...has been to throw the reader right in at the deep end; to present an incredible and inexplicable situation without really explaining it, and then to make the unraveling of that explanation proceed alongside the events of the series.  No exposition up front: you just have to roll with it while the extraordinary events that created the Age of X are graduated unveiled."

Um...no, thanks.  I'll pass.  This swimmer is getting out of the deep end and going to the the beach.  Thanks for saving me money, though, Marvel.

 

No comments: